From: "Missa" <Melissa.J.Hammitt@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is it possible to disable/enable the screen on a laptop? If yes--how?

I will have to try that as soon as I get a hold of it. I'll let you know… Thank you

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2017, at 1:30 PM, Jeremy <icu8it2@...> wrote:

I know that I can still do it on my windows 7 installation, the Windows key plus p and selecting projector completely blackens out my display, but I can't remember now if it worked exactly the same when I had 10 installed.
Take care.

On 9/7/2017 11:55 PM, Missa wrote:
I'm getting a new laptop (for me anyway) tomorrow and I'm making notes
for stuff to do when I am setting it up. I already looked up the info
on how to toggle the touchpad on and off, but I've not found the right
article for turning off my screen/display.
It is a Lenovo L 540 (I'm not 100% about this but I am decently sure
about it.) It will also have Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit with the
most recent upgrades.
Is it possible to do this? I say this because I plan on using it
during my trip which means possibly in the airport or airplane and I
don't want people to look at my stuff. I don't care if I've nothing to
hide I just think it is rude to do so.

any suggestions are welcome, thanks