Re: Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

Carlos

That process usually works for me with audio challenges as well.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal Data Of 143 Million People #article

I don't recall if I did exactly this, but I did something like this and it worked.  I went into forms mode and I tabbed and/or shift tabbed to get to the get an audio challenge button if I wasn't on it already.  I activated it with the space bar.  Then I typed as I heard the numbers.  I was automatically placed in the edit field even if the screen-reader didn't know I was in an edit field.  I then tabbed to the submit button or whatever it was called, if not that, it's clear what it is, and pressed the space bar.

That is a problem with audio challenges.  Just as visual challenges are not easily solvable, if at all, for people with vision problems, so audio challenges aren't solvable as I understand it, in general, for people with hearing problems.

This isn't an ideal solution but often, you are verified if you just check the check box.  So, if you aren't, close and reopen the page, fill out whatever you need to fill out again, then be try checking the check box.  I don't know how often you are verified when you do that, I'm often verified and often not.  You can see.  I suspect that roughly every third or fourth time, you will be verified.

Gene

Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 5:20 PM

As I mentioned previously, I was able to get the audio challenge to play using Firefox 51, but even with my hearing aids, I found the speech garbled and incomprehensible, even with the volume turned all the way up on both my aids and my computer.  After the third challenge, the page would not allow me to try another one.  And like Mike, I could not locate any edit field to enter the challenge result. You say you were able to successfully solve the audio challenge.  But where did you enter the result?   And of course, the image captcha is unsolvable with Webvisum.

Gerald