Re: How to get computer to recognize a USB3 hub

Carlos

No.  That is not how it works.  A USB 3 hub must be connected to a USB 3 port for the hub to benefit from USB 3 capabilities.  A USB 3 hub connected to a USB 2 port will only operate at USB 2 speeds.  Further more, any USB hub whether it be type 2 or 3, will share the bandwidth of the port to which it is connected.  So for example, if you have three USB 3 drives connected to a USB 3 port and all of them are transferring data at the same time, the bandwidth will be shared.  They will not all transfer at full USB 3 speed.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to get computer to recognize a USB3 hub

OK, but using my USB3 hub, that should be automatically USB3.

Nance

Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love = Michael Reid--

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 5:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to get computer to recognize a USB3 hub

Do you know if your computer has usb3 ports?  My computer has  some usb ports on the back and on top of the case. Only 1 of them all is a usb 3 port.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nancy Shackelford
Sent: September-07-17 11:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] How to get computer to recognize a USB3 hub

I just got a USB3 hub and connected 3 hard drives to it. I still, however, get the message that tells me that this device can perform faster if I connect it to a USB3 hub. How do I solve this problem?  Thanks,

Nance

Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love = Michael Reid--

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.