Re: My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

Pamela Dominguez

It’s just my opinion, but I think your big mistake was in buying a Dell.  By the way: they can do more stuff, because they set up my whole computer and got it running and stuff.  As far as just replacing parts, maybe they are not supposed to do more, but some of them do.  A guy who came to replace a keyboard in a laptop for me also got rid of the box that demands a password, and also got rid of that MSN messenger that was on there.  Maybe he didn’t get rid of it, but he made them so they didn’t pop up.  When I needed a defective drive replaced, the guy set up my email and I think he put back some of the stuff that was in there on the old drive.  That was not the same guy.  So, it depends on how strictly they stick to the rules.  But yes, I believe you did get screwed if that computer was brand new and it was like that.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:44 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

I got the laptop this week and my friend/tutor spent  six hours setting it up.  I was thrilled.  I purchased a oneyear”prime”service plan which promised in home service.  I called them and after spleaking to five people before I was in the correct department,  I was informed that I needed a sighted person to do some kind of trouble shooting before someone would come out.  The field person only replaces parts.  They say that he can’t do any trouble shooting.  I feel that I’ve been screwed and told them so.  This is the sixth or seventh dell I’ve bought and the last one.

Jeff