Re: Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal DataOf 143 Million People #article

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I am talking about a FREEZE, I got a PIN from each bureau. I am in Georgia which normally charges a $3 fee. I don't know why they did not charge me. Maybe because my information was in the data breach or possible because I am a senior. They did not say the reason it was free.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Article: Equifax - Data Breach Exposed Personal DataOf 143 Million People #article

We have to be careful and sure we are talking about the same thing.  A freeze, meaning no one can get any information about your credit from a bureau unless you give specific permission when the bureau notifies you that someone is making an inquiry, or a fraud alert, where you are notified that someone is inquiring about you but your information isn't frozen.