Re: My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

Pamela Dominguez

Dell can remote into people’s computers and do stuff.  I have had times when they have been on computers of mine, working remotely  for several hours to do stuff: diagnose problems, install software, get things working that weren’t.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

Most manufacturers these days have the ability to remotely access your computer and perform this troubleshooting and determine thenselves what the problem is. It doesn’t surprise me that Dell does not have this ability. Once the premiere computer company, they have been surpassed by the entire industry. I have owned Lenovo computers for some years now, and they have this ability and the in-home support as well. I wish you luck with this issue.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

I got the laptop this week and my friend/tutor spent  six hours setting it up.  I was thrilled.  I purchased a oneyear”prime”service plan which promised in home service.  I called them and after spleaking to five people before I was in the correct department,  I was informed that I needed a sighted person to do some kind of trouble shooting before someone would come out.  The field person only replaces parts.  They say that he can’t do any trouble shooting.  I feel that I’ve been screwed and told them so.  This is the sixth or seventh dell I’ve bought and the last one.

Jeff

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.