Re: My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

Carlos

I haven't really looked into the power supplies, but most other parts are not proprietary.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] My brand new laptop,Dell, has crapped out

The only proprietary part I am aware of was the power supply in desktop computers.  I don't know if they are still using proprietary power supplies but I haven't seen anything in discussions concerning such questions on the lists I follow to indicate that Dell uses proprietary parts in general.

Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:11 PM

Wow, Gerald; that would have been too much trouble for me!  Guess I'll never
shake a stick at a Dell machine anytime soon.  For reasons I can't fathom,
I've never been attracted to Dell computers!  I wonder if my ambivalence is
due to the fact that Dell, if memory serves, tends to deploy too many
proprietary component parts and I am never a good candidate for any of
these.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado