Re: captia

Carlos

No.  They have add-ons for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.  The bookmarklet works with IE and should work with browsers on other platforms.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] captia

Does Rumola work only with IE?
Marie

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 8:16 PM

It doesn't matter that WebVisum doesn't work with newer versions of Firefox.  You can use it with an older portable version such as 52 and only run it when you need to solve captchas.  And there are less expensive alternatives than Captcha Be Gone that work with other browsers such as Rumola.
----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:42 PM

Hi Jeff,

There is Web Visum, but I don’t believe it works with the latest versions of Firefox, and it will not work with Internet Explorer at all. There is one that requires a monthly subscription called Captcha Be Gone, around $5 per month, and you have to subscribe to the one for the browser that you use. The last time I checked, the versions for Firefox and Google Chrome had not been released yet, but that has been quite a while ago. I tried the one for IE, but had no luck from it. I have found that listening very closely to the audio captchas and replaying them is the best method of solving them. Over time your ear can be trained to understand what they are saying without too much trouble. Sometimes there is an option to download a mp3 file of the captcha, and Windows Media Player typically plays the voices much clearer than the web player does. That’s the best I can give you on this subject.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 6:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] captia

Is there a program to help with these buggers?  Even with the auditory version,  the speech is poor and even if I could hear it, my memory fils me when I get to the edit field

Thanks,

Jeff

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.