Re: cost of open book

Carlos

Are you using KNFB Reader?  If not, that will make a huge difference.  KNFB Reader is almost considered the gold standard when scanning with a smart phone these days.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] cost of open book

I don’t find that scanning stuff with my phone works well, most of the time.  Pam.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:11 PM

or for $250 you could get a moto e 4th gen plus smartPhone, plus knfb reader. then scan your stuff and save to dropbox to sink to the computer.

On 9/12/2017 4:00 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

If you don’t want to spend $1000 to purchase a new copy of Open Book, another text to speech program you might want to consider is DocuScan Plus from Serotek, which only costs $400.  Keep in mind that DocuScan Plus is not as feature rich as Open Book, but it might well suffice for your needs if all you want to do is read simple documents.  Also keep in mind that Serotek is on shaky ground these days, having recently lost its chief programmer, and so its future is uncertain.  For more info about DocuScan Plus:

Gerald

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:41 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] cost of open book

For the member who told me it was now one fifty, I just called vfo and it is now one thousand   Things are really changing at vfo.

Jeff

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird