Re: cost of open book

Carlos

I remember being one of the first to be trained on that huge Kurzweil reading machine when we got one at the public library.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] cost of open book

I had the first KNFBdevice when I was working.  I found it to be virtually useless, even for scanning currency.  At that time it cost over two thousand bucks.  I think that Kurzweil is a pioneer.  He invented the first scanner/ocr It was the size of a washing machine and was only found in libraries, but he was the only one to conceptualize such a device for the blind and make one.

Jeff