Re: Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

enes sarıbaş

hi gerald,
Lol, I spent nearly half an hour explaining to a friend why blind people should not be allowed to carry guns. He insisted it was safe if you just center the sound of the criminal and shoot. That to me, sounded absolutely ridiculous.

On 10/22/2015 4:50 PM, rajmund wrote:
Hello Gerald,
I'm not sure whether you've noticed, but this is getting subjective. Maybe not a gun, but a pepper spray could come in handy, in one way or another. As long as you don't aim at yourself, nothing can happen. Especially if the person gives any noises, you can perfectly target them.

----- Original Message -----
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:41 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

And God help us if a blind person toting a handgun ever shoots and kills an innocent bystander by mistake. It's bad enough that mentally disturbed individuals are able to legally get their hands on firearms, let alone blind people. Blind people should never be allowed to carry guns, regardless of their so-called constitutional right to bear arms. It's just too dangerous for the rest of us. I realize that a certain blindness advocacy organization actually believes that blind folks have the right to carry around guns for "self-protection" just like their sighted peers, but their extremist, right-wing views are rejected by the overwhelming majority of blind folks in this country.
Gerald
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars
Not that I'm stating my opinion on this subject one way or the other, but if the blind can obtain gun permits legally which has happened in several cases, then you can keep saying never when it comes to the blind being allowed to operate driverless vehicles independently if it satisfies your need to be right. The fact remains that you can't predict what will or will not happen in the future anymore than the rest of us.
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:44 AM
And the insurance lobby is one of the strongest in Washington, and so as long as it it is able to exert its influence, unaccompanied blind drivers will never be allowed to operate self-driving vehicles. And never means never. Who is going to force the insurance lobby to relax its position? The blindness advocacy organizations? Don't make me laugh.
Gerald
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:16 PM
Yes, very true but, insurance companies are some of the very last businesses to accept technology when it comes to charging you less. If something is going to cost an surance companies money, you can damn well bet they'll come up with something to charge you more! I've got over 30 years of experience with paying for insurances of various products & believe me you need to do your homework when negotiating with your agent! It's unbelieveable! LOL LOL
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers, next year anyways!

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:35 PM
But again everyone is thinking short term. The insurance issue might not be a concern eventually if the technology becomes reliable enough that it is casually accepted as part of society. It is difficult to predict what technology will be like in 10 years, never mind 50 or 100. I think eventually if the technology becomes advanced and sophisticated enough, there may come a point where for all practical purposes, it almost doesn't make a difference who is in the vehicle.
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:24 PM
Something I haven't heard anyone mention is the 1 thing that could very well be the biggest roadblock for anyone blind owning 1 of these vehicles. The cost of insurance! Auto insurance isn't cheap for good drivers that are sighted let alone what it would cost for a blind person to be the sole driver / operator of 1 of these vehicles. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I would like to have 1 of these vehicles my self but, just coming at it from a realistic dollars & cents viewpoint.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool. Go Dodgers, next year anyways!

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:11 PM
Works for me.

And, gang, Best Friend (sighted) said she'd go for driverless for trip
but around here in Sanford would just as soon do it herself.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of
driverless cars

Hey Sis Carolyn, let's be the first together! Let's change history
forever and challenge the instincts of the universe again. We've always
done that in order to be somewhat substantially gainfully employed to use
the terminology of those counting!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Sent from a Braille Sense

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.