Re: Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

enes sarıbaş

hi,
How on earth can a blind person become a doctor.  I'd rather jump out of a window than see a blind doctor.  At least then my chances for survival would be higher.

On 10/22/2015 5:19 AM, Carlos wrote:
True, but can you imagine the insurance nightmare associated with being a blind doctor if something goes wrong?  But while there aren't many, there are in fact some practicing blind doctors.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

Yes, very true but, insurance companies are some of the very last businesses to accept technology when it comes to charging you less.  If something is going to cost an surance companies money, you can damn well bet they'll come up with something to charge you more!  I've got over 30 years of experience with paying for insurances of various products & believe me you need to do your homework when negotiating with your agent!  It's unbelieveable!  LOL  LOL 

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers, next year anyways!
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

But again everyone is thinking short term.  The insurance issue might not be a concern eventually if the technology becomes reliable enough that it is casually accepted as part of society.  It is difficult to predict what technology will be like in 10 years, never mind 50 or 100.  I think eventually if the technology becomes advanced and sophisticated enough, there may come a point where for all practical purposes, it almost doesn't make a difference who is in the vehicle.
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:24 PM

Something I haven't heard anyone mention is the 1 thing that could very well be the biggest roadblock for anyone blind owning 1 of these vehicles.  The cost of insurance!  Auto insurance isn't cheap for good drivers that are sighted let alone what it would cost for a blind person to be the sole driver / operator of 1 of these vehicles.  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I would like to have 1 of these vehicles my self but, just coming at it from a realistic dollars & cents viewpoint.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers, next year anyways!
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:11 PM

Works for me.

And, gang, Best Friend (sighted) said she'd go for driverless for trip
but around here in Sanford would just as soon do it herself.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:ukekearuaro@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:22 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of
driverless cars

Hey Sis Carolyn, let's be the first together!  Let's change history
forever and challenge the instincts of the universe again.  We've always
done that in order to be somewhat substantially gainfully employed to use
the terminology of those counting!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.