From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:23 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Cost of New IPhone

No mobile phone will ever be as reliable as a land line phone that is tethered to an underground copper wire network. In a major storm, the cell phone towers are often knocked out, so a mobile phone would be useless, even if you could charge it, which you might not be able to do, anyway. After Hurricane Sandy, thousands of people had no cell phone service for weeks because of damage to cell phone towers and power outages caused by catastrophic flooding. And the same thing is happening right now in Florida and Texas.

Gerald

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela

Dominguez

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:14 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Most people don't notice that, or they don't seem to care,

as long as they don't see the price all at once. Pam.