Re: Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

enes sarıbaş

surgerry isn't like fixing a broken car motor. Surgerry is done under milimetric precision. Any mistake made in surgerry can have lethal consequences. Blind surgeons will always and always be more statisticly likely to make mistakes due to the censory defesit. Blindness isn't like losing a tooth. Sight is one of the main sources of censory information the human body has. Without that info you have significantly less feedback. Nno super developed sense or technology will change that without directly fixing the main hardware problem.

On 10/22/2015 11:59 PM, Flor Lynch wrote:
I read about Dr. Tim Cordes a few years ago. I wouldn't discriminate against a surgeon just because they're blind. I'd be more concerned about the surgeon not being an over-all good communicator. Fortunately also, nearly all surgery is done either under local or general anaesthetic.

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 12:38 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do You Agree With My Thoughts and opinions of driverless cars

Not true. Most blind physicians are in fact, psychiatrists and teaching
professors in medical colleges. I have not heard of any blind internists
who have unrestricted practices. Their malpractice premiums would simply be
unaffordable, and no hospital would offer them admitting privileges. Of
course, there are probably a few exceptions, but I would certainly never
want a blind surgeon to lay a hand on me, no matter how capable he claims to
be. Surgery, no matter how minor, carries risk even for sighted surgeons,
let alone blind ones.

Gerald