Re: low-cost jaws information

Carlos

And you can't compare the profit margins of huge companies such as Amazon to companies like VFO/Freedom Scientific which have an extremely limited market.  Again this is simple supply and demand.  When you sell specialized products with a limited consumer base, you have to increase your costs appropriately to make a profit.  This basic rule will not change just because most blind people think it is unfair and can't afford the regular price.  No one complains that other large corporations should lower their prices just because some people can't afford their products.

----- Original Message -----
From: Lynn White
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] low-cost jaws information

You don't know that for sure and just because they would sell more doesn't mean they would make a profit.  And, by the way, neither do I.

I have no claim to know how these things work and probably most of us don't either.

On 9/15/2017 10:26 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I agree with Pablo here. VFO should reduce the cost of Jaws licenses because they will sell a lot more of them that way.

On 9/15/2017 9:44 AM, Pablo Morales wrote:

However, I think that VFO would be able to make a lot more money is they change their business strategy. Look amazon, Walmart, and Microsoft, and other huge business. They reduce the cost of their products and at the same time more people wants to buy. If they sale their products very expensive, how much market they are going to get. If they reduce the cost, how much they are going to sale, and how much profit they are going to make?

How many people in United States, that is a develop country  are able to pay $1095 for a jaws license?

How many people in other developed countries are able to pay that amount?

50% of the visually impaired people with computers?

I don’t think so, it is a lot less, and in many cases visually impaired people don’t buy computers or are not interested to learn how to use a computer due to the high cost of the jaws license.

How many people in the world, in the developing countries are able to pay $1095 for a jaws license?

It is the annual income for most people in the developing countries. How many people is able to pay their whole annual income in a jaws license?

1% maybe?

I don’t think so, it should be less than that.

If VFO copy Microsoft or other companies business strategy, they will be able to make a lot more money, and reduce the cracking of software. It is a very common custom in developing countries because they are no able to pay their annual income in a jaws license.

If in the demand and supply graphic we put down the cost, the demand curve shift to the right. That VFO will not make enough money?

I don’t understand why not, they are going to increase their sales by a lot more than currently they are selling. They don’t need to use any natural resource, they are not going to pay more power, or more employees, so their production cost is going to be the same.

The problem is that you guys are believing that if VFO decrease their cost for the jaws license, the same number of people is going to buy the same number of licenses. It is not true. They are going to sale more. Because more people will buy jaws.,