Re: low-cost jaws information

Carlos

And you can't compare the profit margins of huge companies such as Amazon to companies like VFO/Freedom Scientific which have an extremely limited market.  Again this is simple supply and demand.  When you sell specialized products with a limited consumer base, you have to increase your costs appropriately to make a profit.  This basic rule will not change just because most blind people think it is unfair and can't afford the regular price.  No one complains that other large corporations should lower their prices just because some people can't afford their products.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] low-cost jaws information

You don't know that for sure and just because they would sell more doesn't mean they would make a profit.  And, by the way, neither do I. 

I have no claim to know how these things work and probably most of us don't either.

On 9/15/2017 10:26 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I agree with Pablo here. VFO should reduce the cost of Jaws licenses because they will sell a lot more of them that way.

On 9/15/2017 9:44 AM, Pablo Morales wrote:

However, I think that VFO would be able to make a lot more money is they change their business strategy. Look amazon, Walmart, and Microsoft, and other huge business. They reduce the cost of their products and at the same time more people wants to buy. If they sale their products very expensive, how much market they are going to get. If they reduce the cost, how much they are going to sale, and how much profit they are going to make?

How many people in United States, that is a develop country  are able to pay $1095 for a jaws license?

How many people in other developed countries are able to pay that amount?

50% of the visually impaired people with computers?

I don’t think so, it is a lot less, and in many cases visually impaired people don’t buy computers or are not interested to learn how to use a computer due to the high cost of the jaws license.

How many people in the world, in the developing countries are able to pay $1095 for a jaws license?

It is the annual income for most people in the developing countries. How many people is able to pay their whole annual income in a jaws license?

1% maybe?

I don’t think so, it should be less than that.

If VFO copy Microsoft or other companies business strategy, they will be able to make a lot more money, and reduce the cracking of software. It is a very common custom in developing countries because they are no able to pay their annual income in a jaws license.

If in the demand and supply graphic we put down the cost, the demand curve shift to the right. That VFO will not make enough money?

I don’t understand why not, they are going to increase their sales by a lot more than currently they are selling. They don’t need to use any natural resource, they are not going to pay more power, or more employees, so their production cost is going to be the same.

The problem is that you guys are believing that if VFO decrease their cost for the jaws license, the same number of people is going to buy the same number of licenses. It is not true. They are going to sale more. Because more people will buy jaws.,

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 8:31 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Anything is possible and that may even account for some of these instances, but I suspect in most cases it is probably a matter of poorly informed representatives.

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 8:04 AM

Is it possible that some callers who were offered the convention rate for JAWS after the convention ended even though they never actually attended in person themselves somehow convinced the VFO phone rep that they had attended, and the rep took there word for it and perhaps bent the rules a little to accommodate them?

Gerald

?

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 7:24 AM

How absolutely inconsistent.  Although I don't doubt this might be in fact what is happening.

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 6:31 AM

Many of you know that Jaws has been offered for sale at these reduced rates at the NFB convention for a few years now.  I myself purchased it with two upgrades for $150 two years ago at the convention.  I later learned that some people who were not at the convention were calling Freedom Scientific after the convention and requesting to purchase Jaws at the greatly-reduced convention price.  Oddly enough, some of these callers were indeed sold Jaws at the low cost, while others were refused, being told that they had to be at the convention to benefit from the lower price.  These different results seemed to depend entirely on who was answering your call.  I know several people personally who had these different results.  

Rich De Steno

On 9/15/2017 5:57 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

I find this hard to believe.  Eric Damery clearly stated that you must be an employee of an organization that has a VFO software license to take advantage of the JAWS low-cost home use program.  You cannot simply call VFO and plead poverty and purchase JAWS at the drastically reduced price strictly for personal use.  If you are claiming otherwise, please provide the name of the VFO phone rep who made an exception in your case so that the rest of us can take advantage of this generous offer.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:55 PM

I have no job at all, belong to no organization, I still got the jaws offer for $120 or so.

On 9/14/2017 10:49 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Erik Damery from VFO said they are working on a permanent low-cost-jaws program more publically available one.

On 9/14/2017 3:48 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Someone on another list called VFO today and was told by Hal, probably the same guy you spoke to, that the special price of $125 for JAWS was only available to attendees at the ACB and NFB conventions earlier this summer.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:09 PM

it could mean retirement income, SSI or SSDI.

On 9/14/2017 1:55 PM, Lynn White wrote:

I may be wrong about this.  But, the key word here is fixed such as retirement income.

It sounds like it may not be an actual income but rather the type of income and retirement could easily meet the definition of fixed income.

On 9/14/2017 11:04 AM, Pat Seed wrote:

I am sure that there will be eligibility criteria for the program. Everyone would do it, if there were not any questions asked. My guess is that they are just in the beginning stages of thinking about this possibility.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Spitz" mailto:peter.a.spitz@...
To: mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:04 AM

That is most certainly an amazing deal if it holds out to be true
especially since you don't have to document anything to qualify.  Hope
it's real.

On 9/14/17, Josh Kennedy mailto:joshknnd1982@... wrote:

he said there are no eligibility requirements. You just call and ask to
buy jaws through the jaws for fixed incomes program.

Josh

On 9/14/2017 10:37 AM, Peter Spitz wrote:

Did he tell you the eligbility requirements?  Wonder how one qualifies.

Peter

On 9/14/17, Josh Kennedy mailto:joshknnd1982@... wrote:

hello

I just talked to Hal from VFO. He called me and left me a message.
Anyway he told me about a program that VFO already has in place for
people who need low-cost jaws. He told me this is a special program and
for some reason its not advertised on their website but he said he would
make a note to at least get information about it posted up there. So
here is what he said. For people who cannot afford jaws, you call in and
through this jaws affordability program for $125 you get jaws home
version with 0 smas. But if you pay $225 you get jaws home version with
two smas. When I am done with Christmas and stuff I'm gunna take
advantage of this for sure! I also suggested to hal about a program to
activate jaws on a monthly basis, $225 comes down to $12 per month. He
said he would make a note of that also. So yes folks low cost jaws does
exist. get more info by calling:

1-800-444-4443 extension 1101

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

--

-- 

-- 

-- 

-- 

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.