Re: old menu structure for new versions of office

Carlos

You are misquoting me and taking other statements I may have made out of context.  In fact, I don't recall commenting much on the subject of which you should use one way or the other.  Please reference specific messages or statements which support your accusations.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] old menu structure for new versions of office

Carlos,

You did every thing possible to discourage me from using the virtual ribbon option in Jaws.  You said that anyone with real computer skills could use the ribbons.  You took an opportunity to boost your own ego at my expense.

Jeff

From: Dujari, Prateek
yes I'm a huge proponent and very pleased user of 'classic menus for office' for both office 07 and office 10 which can be purchased at

www.addintools.com.  Very simple, everything is totally accessible. Once installed and activated, hitting alt Q together and then q again brings up the classic menu in all its glory.

Prateek

From: CM54
It looks to be about $40

I also came across a free option at:

Has anyone tried this option with Jaws?
CM

From: Dujari, Prateek
this free option is only for Office home /student and thus only applies to Word, Excel and PowerPoint. If that is all u care about then sure it should work for free.

Prateek

From: Glen Jan
Direct link to the office menu purchase / download page.  It is a bit of
a dog's breakfast though:

Glen

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:23 PM

I'm not ignorant,  I have a Ph.d. in my field and before I retired I was the
go to guy for computers at my work site and for virtually all blind users at
the entire VA system I may be a bit long in the tooth, but I simply want the
old menu structure.  What advantage did MS think it was providing with these
ribbons?  My sighted friends hate them as much as I do.  Why should we be
forced to Learn a whole new way of doing things just so MS could make more
money?  I'd really be grateful to anyone who could point me to such a
program.
Jeff