Re: old menu structure for new versions of office

Carlos

And I don't know that Jeff necessarily confused Gene's statements with my own.  His replies to Gene's messages would seem to indicate that is not the case.  Although it is possible he may have misinterpreted something I said which is why I asked for particular references.  Although I find the statement that I supposedly did everything possible to discourage him from using the virtual ribbon option in JAWS to be very specific, but unsupported.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] old menu structure for new versions of office

If there was a misunderstanding, that is unfortunate.  Misunderstandings are inevitable, but neither Carlos nor I wrote dictatorial messages.

I don't know just what passage or passages Jeff objects to in Carlos' messages.  If Carlos said something like, you don't need more computer skills to work with ribbons, or some variation of that statement and there are many possible ways to say it, he wasn't denegrading anyone or any skill level.  He was simply saying that working with ribbons doesn't require more skill than working with menus, it just requires learning how to work with a different structure.  He was talking about whether ribbons are difficult to use.  He wasn't saying that anyone should use them.

If a salesman says, this product is so easy to use, a five-year-old could use it, he isn't saying anything about the prospective purchaser.  He is telling the prospective customer that the item is very simple to use and that's all.