Skype and Synthesized Speech

Mauricio Molina

Hi All,

Has anyone else had the experience of not being able to hear the synthesized speech of a computer when on Skype? The situation is that I will attempt to assist someone using a screen reader such as JAWS or NVDA over Skype but I am not able to hear their side of the speech component. When using Skype, I always use Logitech headphones while the other person uses their laptop microphone and speakers. This has happened with multiple individuals. Of course, this does not always happen, but it has been happening more often than not lately. I can hear almost all other sound over the Skype connection, but the computer’s speech output is simply not there. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be adjusted?

Thanks,

Mauricio