Re: [TechTalkOutlook express is back

Carlos

It is not enough to be registered  with the forum.  As I said, later installers are not free.  You will have to donate to receive installation keys.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] [TechTalkOutlook express is back

I am all ready registered with the forum, but I am wondering since it is all ready installed to use the latest installer, do I need to uninstall OE and start from scratch or just run the installer over what I have without installing?

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 6:19 PM

The updates are not to the program itself so the version number in the "About" dialog is of no use in this case as it would be in other programs.  The version change is to the installer.  You can check for the latest installer here,
but note as I previously mentioned, you will have to donate to receive installation keys.  You also have to register with the forum to access the download which has a captcha.  Additionally, I don't recommend using this modified version of Outlook Express for less advanced users. There are too many quirks in Outlook Express itself and potential issues with the installation.  It is not worth the effort in my experience and opinion if you don't know what you are doing.
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:50 PM

Is this download the latest version? If not, how can I find which version I have and get the latest? I checked the help menu in OE and I didn't find it there. It's been quite  awhile since I installed it.

Vicki

Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:42 PM

Note that only an older version of this modified hack of Outlook Express is free so certain things are less likely to work well on later versions of Windows such as 10.  The latest update which resolves several issues, requires a donation to receive installation keys.
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:18 AM

Better to follow the instructions on this page, and use their tools to restore things concerning Outlook Express, rather than removing the security on your computer by blocking updates:
Having said that, if you do prefer the unsafe route, they do link to a tool to disable many win 10 updates.
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 6:49 PM

Ah, be ware when you get windows updates, that lovely good program will go by by. It already happened to me so if you need this program, turn off windows updates if you are running10! If you have seven, congraduations you can use outlookexpress 6. If you want to know how to turn off updates if you running windows10; I have no idea unfortunately. Sure someone here will tell you how to achieve this. But turning off updates leaves your computer vulnerable to spy where and hackers that the updates protect you from. But if it works for anyone, go for it! Cheers

Heather Albright
Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
ham call sign:
kd5cbl
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...

Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 6:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Outlook express is back. You bet it is! And it isaccessible

Passing this on from another list. I downloaded it and it is accessible and it is free.

Thought I would pass this on:

From Harry on another list:

Hi all,

From Tom Lorimers web site, whitestick.co.uk, he has outlook express version 6, which works on windows 7, 8, and 10!!!

I did not know it is still around!!!

If you want to download it, go to the downloads web page at

http://www.whitestick.co.uk/download.html

I went there because my winamp, version 5.66, no longer works. The volume is low, on everything winamp plays, and it is all the way up!

So, I went to Toms web page, and found outlook express 6 on the downloads page!

There is all kinds of stuff on his downloads page!

Harry

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.