Re: Placing shortcut keys for programs on the desktop

Lynn White

Worked like a charm.  Thanks.

On 10/7/2017 7:55 PM, Blaster wrote:
Creating a shortcut to a folder is similar to that of a shortcut to a
file. Making sure your pointing to the right user profile can be a
little tricky, but I learned this command line entrye from reading one
of Carlos's posts.

Press the windows key on your keyboard and type the following into the
textbox, then press the enter key.

%userprofile%

This will open a file explorer window under the current user profile
your logged in with right now, lots easier than trying to navigate to
it manually.

Arrow down to the downloads folder.

Press the context key or Shift + f10.

Arrow down to "send to" and press the right arrow to open the fly out menu.
Arrow down to "desktop, creat shortcut" and press the enter key.

HTH,
Blaster

On 10/7/17, Lynn White <lynnwhite360@...> wrote:
I'm using Windows 10 and I would like to have Downloads as a shortcut.
This would be different than placing Internet Explorer. Thanks for any
help.

Hi, thanks for the help, however I can’t find internet explorer on my
desktop. Is there anything else I can try?