Re: Carlos Update, Not Good!

Robin Frost

Hi,
I am so profoundly sad to read this. I’d just been thinking of him too before receiving this word. Should you have the opportunity please do tell his loved ones a hearty thank you from me and I’m sure many others for sharing their beloved Carlos with us all. He was one of the kindest most even handed moderators on whose list I’ve ever had the pleasure of participating; and a truly fabulous human being in every exchange I ever had with him.
I wish him an easy journey and much healing and strength to those who hold him dear.
Robin

Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:42 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Carlos Update, Not Good!

Hi All,

Below is a message I received from Carlos' girlfriend, Melissa, yesterday, with permission to let the list members know how he's doing.

Hey there. We are still together. He is in very bad shape. He has stage four liver cancer and he is in pain daily. He doesn't make much sense anymore. They can only help control the pain which means he sleeps a lot. He keeps hearing me saying things I am not saying. This is really hard. He won't get better they said and time frame isn't good. He is going to hospice soon. It is hard to talk about and not cry.  I lost my grandfather last month and now I'm losing him. I hope you are doing well and i can answer questions for anyone who wants to know. He just doesn't have the strength to even open the computer.

This message is from this morning:
Yes you can tell the list. I have a hard time writing it all out. He is very out of touch this morning. He told me he only has 18 hours and he knows it. I am praying that he gets well but I know it is just my selfishness that doesn't want to lose him. I'll keep you updated.

If there's ever been a time for sending out your prayers, now is the time!
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.