Re: Carlos Update, Not Good!

amanda burt

Well said, agree with this

Amanda

From: David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:47 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Carlos Update, Not Good!

I too feel like he has been a friend for a long time, even though I have never spoken with the man directly. I have learned much from him and believe he is a great asset to both the blind and sited community as well with all that he knows and freely imparts to others who benefit from his wisdom.

From: Melissa
Hey there. We are still together. He is in very bad shape. He has stage four liver cancer and he is in pain daily. He doesn't make much sense anymore They can only help control the pain which means he sleeps a lot. He keeps hearing me saying things I am not saying. This is really hard. He won't get better they said and time frame isn't good. He is going to hospice soon. It is hard to talk about and not cry.  I lost my grandfather last month and now I'm losing him. I hope you are doing well and i can answer questions for anyone who wants to know. He just doesn't have the strength to even open the computer.

This message is from this morning:
From: Melissa
Yes you can tell the list. I have a hard time writing it all out. He is very out of touch this morning. He told me he only has 18 hours and he knows it. I am praying that he gets well but I know it is just my selfishness that doesn't want to lose him. I'll keep you updated.

If there's ever been a time for sending out your prayers, now is the time!
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

David Ferrin