Re: WLM 2011 VS 2012 Question.

david

Hello;

Well, if your going to setup your current email account in WLM, you will need to no the server settings, and the port numbers.

If your using a outlook.com

The following settings may work

In setting up an email account in WLM.

   Set up a new IMAP account

1. When viewing your message list, press Ctrl-Shift-T to start the Add your email accounts wizard.

2. Enter your email address, password and display name for outgoing messages.

3. Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.

4. For the incoming server, select IMAP from the dropdown.

For the incoming server address, enter outlook.office365.com and change the port number to 993.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).

For Authenticate using, select Clear text from the dropdown.

For Log-on username, enter the full email address.

5. For the outgoing mail server address, enter smtp.live.com and change the port to 587.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.

6. Click Next and Finish.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/wiki/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-and-outlook-mail/6edb5ba6-f9f2-40fd-80a1-fc23cc6fbfe0?auth=1