Re: WLM 2011 VS 2012 Question.

david

Hello;

Well, if your going to setup your current email account in WLM, you will need to no the server settings, and the port numbers.

If your using a outlook.com

The following settings may work

In setting up an email account in WLM.

Set up a new IMAP account

1. When viewing your message list, press Ctrl-Shift-T to start the Add your email accounts wizard.

2. Enter your email address, password and display name for outgoing messages.

3. Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.

4. For the incoming server, select IMAP from the dropdown.

For the incoming server address, enter outlook.office365.com and change the port number to 993.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).

For Authenticate using, select Clear text from the dropdown.

For Log-on username, enter the full email address.

5. For the outgoing mail server address, enter smtp.live.com and change the port to 587.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.

6. Click Next and Finish.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/wiki/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-and-outlook-mail/6edb5ba6-f9f2-40fd-80a1-fc23cc6fbfe0?auth=1

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 5:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] WLM 2011 VS 2012 Question.

Sorry, pasted the wrong info;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.   Deactivate the old account 

This account will no longer work, new messages will not be downloaded and there will be no synchronization of other folders. For the time being, then,

right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select Properties. On the General tab, deselect Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing,

then click Apply and OK. This will ensure that the account folders will remain intact with their contents during the transition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.   Set up a new IMAP account

list of 6 items

1. When viewing your message list, press Ctrl-Shift-T to start the Add your email accounts wizard.

2. Enter your email address, password and display name for outgoing messages.

3. Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.

4. For the incoming server, select IMAP from the dropdown.

For the incoming server address, enter outlook.office365.com [see footnote] and change the port number to 993.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).

For Authenticate using, select Clear text from the dropdown.

For Log-on username, enter the full email address.

5. For the outgoing mail server address, enter smtp.live.com and change the port to 587.

Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.

6. Click Next and Finish.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/wiki/livemail-email/windows-live-mail-and-outlook-mail/6edb5ba6-f9f2-40fd-80a1-fc23cc6fbfe0?auth=1

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 5:34 PM

Again, if your receiving that error, most likely the server settings are wrong.

Well, you may have had the earlier version of wlm, however, when you updated to the version 12, the version 11 is a mute point

If I new what your settings were in outlook, I most likely could help. This is what I found on the google search,

re-sync all your emails from Outlook.com. If you still wish to back up your emails, please do the steps below:

1. Start

Windows Live Mail.

2. Click on the File tab (Alt + F), click

Export email and then select Email messages.

3. Select

Microsoft Windows Live Mail as the export format, and then click Next.

4. Click

Browse and then select the folder in which you want to store the exported messages.

NOTE: The export directory must be an empty directory.

5. Click

Next.

6. Select the message folders that you want to export, and then click

Next.

7. You will receive a message that states that the messages were successfully exported. Click

Finish.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/cant-receive-emails-using-windows-live-mail/b28646b4-4102-4228-a44e-e74be761cf12?auth=1

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of janet gross
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Gene,

From my understanding, WLM 2011 came with my windows 7 in the MS Essentials when I bought this computer, and then, some months ago, I downloaded WLM 2012 not knowing WLM 2011 was already in with MS Essentials, so now I have WLM 2011 and 2012, and I still get the arror when I attempt to open them, …arror can’t accept or receive messages from Outlook. 

I can’t make heads or tails of all this. 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 3:58 PM

I'm not sure.  As far as I know, you shouldn't be able to have more than one copy of Windows Live Mail on a machine at a time.  Do both programs have ribbons?  Also, can you open one and have it open properly but not the other?  I'm not sure, at this point, how you should proceed since having more than one version may cause problems.  Perhaps the best thing to do is to switch to Thunderbird.  I'm not saying you cant solve the Windows Live mail problems but I'm not sure what they are or how to solve them.  Thunderbird would be a completely different program and might run well.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 3:42 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] WLM 2011 VS 2012 Question.

Hi Everyone,
Well, I had to force restart on my computer when I opened WLM 2012, as I got the same arror as usual, because  the computer either froze or JAWS just stopped talking, so I'm not for sure.  I noticed on my computer through the search menu, there is already WLM 2011 along with MS Essentials, but I have WLM 2012 installed on my computer.  My question is what is the difference between WLM 2011 and 2012?
Also as I had to restart my computer, when I opened the unread folder to send this message, all the emails regarding our Outlook discussion are no longer there.
Thank you all in advance.

Janet

Janet

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.