Re: what is it about java?

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Thanks blaster. This looks really cool. Will try it with other apps also.

On 25/10/2017, Blaster <@Blaster> wrote:
You could try ninite.com to update your Java by going here:

https://ninite.com/accessible

HTH,
Blaster

On 10/25/17, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...> wrote:
I uses obi daisy production software, wich requires java. But now when
I try to update it don't alouw me to update. Don't no what to try?

On 21/10/2017, Michael Boyd <mike122061@...> wrote:

It is true that less and less use of Java is required now, in fact, I
have
not had it installed in at least 2 years now. Perhaps the Jave updater
was
added in the last several years, I really don't know. But it does exist.
As
far as Java being a security risk, I have heard this for many years, and
at
times I have disabled it in my browsers "Manage Add-ons" utility. I
don't
know what these risks aare or ever were. But, for the sake of security,
did at times do this. I have never experienced anything bad when running
Java, and I do not believe that my computer was ever compromised by an
outside invader that my anti-virus software did not pick up on.

I began using computers approximately 35 years ago as a civil engineer,
using CAD/CAM programs through a dos system. Since the advent of the
Windows
operating system, there have been several applications introduced that
were
supposed to "help" the user have a more "enriching" experience at the
computer, but most have gone by the wayside. There will always be some
company out there to promote useless programs as being great boones to
the
computer world, but they mostly do nothing at all in fact.

Michael