Re: Windows 10: Is There an Easier Way To Create Shortcuts that aren't Placed on the Desktop?

david

As you become more familiar with Windows 10, you will likely appreciate how
easy it is to access the universal apps and desktop applications you use
every

day . assuming you do so from either Start or the taskbar. But one thing
Windows 10 doesn't provide is a way to create a shortcut to these apps so
you

can launch them from the desktop or elsewhere.

Or, at least an obvious way.

But as it turns out, all of the applications installed on your PC, including
the universal apps that come with Windows 10 or are downloaded from Windows

Store are accessible from a hidden shell view called Applications. Once you
open this view in File Explorer, you can create shortcuts for any of them.
Open the Run dialog (Windows+R=run), type in:

shell:AppsFolder

and then press enter to view this folder.

apps-folder

Find an app you wish to create a shortcut for, right-click (applications
key, or, shift+f10 and choose Create shortcut from the pop-up menu that
appears.

create-shortcut

You'll be prompted that the shortcut cannot be placed here, and Windows will
recommend placing it on the desktop instead. Press enter on Yes. A shortcut
with the name App-Name Shortcut (Mail Shortcut) will appear on the desktop.
You can leave this as-is, or rename it (I usually remove the word,
Shortcut). And you can of course move the shortcut to any folder as needed.

Now, just repeat for all the app shortcuts you need.