Armando
Google Voice: (478) 569-7111

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Oct 29, 2017, at 4:14 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

You get updates in the same way you always get updates.  You either let it update itself or set it to notify you when an update is available.  You didn't say whether you want the portable or the installed version.

Gene
----- original message -----
From: Armando
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] WEBVISUM FRUSTRATION!!!

Can someone send me the link to the ESR version of Firefox 52? And how do I receive security updates?

--
"Advocating for the sighted to understand blindness."
My Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/armando.vias

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Oct 29, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

You have to use an earlier version of Firefox.  I believe version 52 is the last one that works with Webvisum.  You can use a portable version of 52.x with Webvisum and the current version for your other browsing.  But since there are going to be accessibility problems with version 57, which hasn't been released yet, the best thing to do would be to use either the installed or portable version of Firefox that is the ESR version.  That version will receive security updates until next June.  It will work with Webvisum because it is version 52 that is used as the current ESR version.  You may want to use it as a portable version and continue to use it with Webvisumafter it is no longer the current ESR version.  You should set it not to update when the ESR version is going to update itself to another version of Firefox.  Meantime, don't set it not to update so you will receive security updates.

By next June, the accessibility versions with new versions of Firefox will, it is hoped, be resolved so you can go back to using the installed and updated version for general browsing.

Hey. I am very frustrated about Webvisum. I can't log in.  I installed it from the Mozilla Website. The log in screen didn't pop up. I tried to log in through the preferences, but the OK button didn't activate!!! I am using Windows 10 with NVDA on a laptop.
--
"Advocating for the sighted to understand blindness."
My Facebook Page:
Armando
Google Voice: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sent from my iPhone 6s