Re: question about auto fill in outlook 2016

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Maureen,

After invoking the Insert + J, keystroke, just press the letter, A, to get your version of Jaws.  Below are the direct download links for the latest Jaws 2018 version, + what's new in this release.

This is the real / official Jaws 2018.1710.36, not a Beta, release.

32 Bit:

64 Bit:

What's new in Jaws 2018:

Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about auto fill in outlook 2016

Hi George
When I do ins j it brings up the context menu and when I arrow down once it says utilities.

Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 8:30 AM

INS + J

Then arrow down once and it will speak your version.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and

expecting different results.

George a Martinez CPA, PC

12231 N 50th Avenue

Glendale, Arizona 85304-2215

Voice  602.368.8854  FAX  206-666-2589

Email  GA.Martinez@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maureen Pranghofer
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi

I don’t think I have Jaws 2018.  How do I find out what version I have?

Maureen

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:56 PM

Hi Maureen,

First, let me say that I do not use anything Office 2016, but I'm only reporting what other Jaws users that are using Office 2016 are reporting.  Are you running the latest version of Jaws 18?  It's J18.0.4350.  This Jaws update was supposed to fix that problem, then Office came along with its own update, & broke it again!  Now supposedly, the latest version of Jaws 2018 was supposed to fix that Office update.  Jaws 18 & Jaws 2018 are 2 totally different versions of Jaws if you're not aware of Freedom Scientific / VFO's Jaws version numbering sequencing change with this latest release.  Jaws2018 would be Jaws 19 under the old numbering system.

I surely hope I didn't screw up your Saturday night with that explanation!  Anyways, hopefully someone will come along that uses Jaws 18 with Outlook 2016 & Office 365 to clear up anything I may gotten wrong.s

Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:29 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] question about auto fill in outlook 2016

Hello

I just heard about this group through another group and haven’t posted before.  I use Outlook 2016 with office 365 for my job.  I use JFW 18 and Windows 10 (not the newest update).  In my Outlook when I try and send an email to someone who I have not contacted previously it won’t let me fill in their name.  It starts to autofill with the name it thinks I want.  The only way I can get it to let me write in someone’s name that is a new contact is if I write it somewhere else like Notepad and paste it into the to: line.  Is there a way to not disable auto fill but make it so it allows new names to be written  into the to line?

Maureen

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.