Re: HELP WITH OUTLOOKSIXTEEN

Carolyn Arnold

Oh yes, once I press Control+Home, then I press Insert+2.

Best from,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 5:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HELP WITH OUTLOOKSIXTEEN

Control home is to move to the top of the message. The read to end command, JAWS key down arrow or if you want to use the numpad, numpad insert for the JAWS key, numpad 2 is to start reading of the message.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 4:01 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

It is more efficient to do Control+Home.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

I don't know why you are not always at the top. You said you have to arrow up to the top. Just do control home, then issue the read to end command. I don't know how often this happens but if it happens often, maybe it would be either more efficient or just easier to do this after opening every message.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Jeffrey Schwartz <mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

When reading a message, after the header, i.e. the subject line how does one consistently get to the top line of the message itself? I often find myself deep in the message as with the prior response or,worse, deep in the instructions on how to mutetopic, etc. I need to arrow all the way up to the beginning of the actual message.
Thanks,
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

The ribbons are what used to be menus.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:48 PM

Aside from being a necessary evil, can anyone tell me the advantages of the ribbons?
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:36 PM

That was the deal with ribbons for me, I knew that they were not just a fad, and if so, they would be a very long one.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimsan
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:29 PM

I was bor in 80!

As far as ribbons go, I hated them and thought what a bi*** they were to use as I didn't care for the visual appeal or the orgonomic reason behind the advent of ribbons but after a year of using them, it was no biggy to me, especially after it dawned on me they were here to stay. And no I don't care for the classic shell stuff.
Ribbons are like x-wives, can't avoid them, so just learn to work with them.

If you are a wrestling fan, I invite you to visit my wrestling site for blogs and podcasts by navigating to: http://www.therasslincafe.com/ Also, you may like our page on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheRasslinCafe/

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:12 AM

I'm 80, and like anything else new, ribbons were not as much fun as my old XP menus, but my husband told me, you learned those, you will just learn these. Dog gone, that man is right more than he needs to be. I told him I was right all the time, only when he was.

Best from,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:37 PM

Hi Carolyn,
The ribbons are a challenge and I feel that they are an unnecessary addition which MS has added to sell more product, but I'm gradually getting a hand on them, largely with the help of this list. I'm seventy and my first pc was DOS When Windows came into the picture folks were concerned if screen readers could cope with the GUI. My former pc still has windows with theoptions bar aacross the top. I'm not in Kansas anymore.
Jeff .

Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:22 PM

Maybe it will take you some time to get used to the ribbons. There are about 12 choices under Alt+f+t, and you do Control+Tab or Shift+Control+Tab to navigate. Then there is Control+v, with v p n vs, c v, all kind of different menu venues. Also there is Alt+h and its variations. Just fool around. You can't get lost, just hit escape and you're out of them. I do not understand how anyone operates with virtual ribbons. I came from XP to 10 and am not a chick, but the ribbons are here, so the ribbons I use.

Best from,

Carolyn
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 7:26 PM

Jeffery,

I understand that it is different than that which we are used to, but we have to deal with it. If you see Options at the bottom of the menu, just before Exit, then you only need to press enter on this and you will be presented with the list of items that were mentioned earlier. Arrow down to mail and then begin to tab until you get to the feature that we spoke about, I believe it was the Mail arrival options to turn off the notifications when a new email is delivered. If you need further help, please let me know.

Michael

Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 3:29 PM

Michael,
I turned off the virtual ribbons option in jaws. Now, when I open the file menu and tab up I get backstage view options which I can't understand.
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:50 PM

Jeffery,

While on your message list in a folder in Outlook, press ALT + F to open the File menu. Arrow up twice to the Options item and press enter. It will open up to "General". Arrow down to "Mail". Tab down to "Mail arrival". From here arrow down through the different options and uncheck "Display a desktop notification". This will get rid of the pop up that keeps interrupting you. If you do not wish to hear a sound played when a new message arrives, then uncheck that option as well. After making your adjustments, tab down to the OK button and press enter.

Michael

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:53 PM

This may be a jaws issue. When new e mails hit my in box they are announced and the first few lines of the message are read. I get this annoying interruption even if I'm working on a Word document but Outlook is running in the background.
Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Blaster
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 4:43 PM

I think your talking about the preview pane when your talking about hearing the start of your message while viewing the subject line. If you go to the view pane, Alt + the letter V, then right arrow over to the layout pane, you should get to the preview pane toggle button.
Press enter on it and try going to your inbox again and see if that fixes the issue.
If not , you can go back and toggle it back on again.

Blaster

On 11/11/17, Jeffrey Schwartz <jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net <mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net> <mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net> > wrote:
Now that I may have your attention, is there any way to delete the
feature which announces new messages and reads the initial segment? I
find it tiresome and intrusive.
Jeff
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:51 PM

Jeffery,

Whether or not you get the Sent Items or the Outbox depends on your
email provider, i.e. gmail, yahoo or whatever, some use the sent
items folder while others use the outbox folder. This has nothing to
do with Outlook 2016 itself. It downloads the folders that your email
service has set up in it's web mail interface. Hth.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Blaster
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:46 PM

Jeff, Use the Ctrl + the letter y keys to jump to your boxes. Arrow
down and you'll get to the outbox, which is essentially the sent mailbox.

If that's not it, just let us know and we'll keep digging, Blaster

On 11/11/17, Jeffrey Schwartz <jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net <mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net> <mailto:jeffreyschwartz0238@comcast.net> > wrote:
DOES IT HAVE SENT BOX. I ALWAYS FOUND THIS USEFUL AND IN MAKING A
GIANT TIME AND PRODUCT JUMP, I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT THE NEWEST VERSION
OF Office with, in my opinion so many complex changes would overlook
this great old feature. I suspect that it can be found by some
obscure and couter intuativ stunt.

Sorry for the sarcasm I'm learning a new OS and was so pleased with
the old one.

Jeffe

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.