Re: Amazon echo and voice recognition in general

Rick Alfaro

Amazon honestly has the best return policies I have ever seen with any online store. You simply go to their online return center and answer a few questions. If the item is being returned because of a mistake of your own, then you might have to pay return shipping but if the item is either defective or not as advertised, the shipping is on them. Either way, you are taken to a screen where they have you print out the return shipping lables and explain what to do. It’s dead easy as you simply attach the lable onto the package and either drop it off at a mail/ups center, or choose the pickup option which is available in some cases. You don’t pay anything usually and if there is something to pay for return shipping it is simply subtracted from your refund for the item. Refunds usually take 2 or 3 days sometimes even sooner depending on your method of payment.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:37 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon echo and voice recognition in general

Ok, how hard is it to do returns to Amazon as I have never bought anything from them. If I return something do I have to pay for shipping back to them? Is there a restocking fee?

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:06 PM

I have absolutely no issues with the Echo recognition but I have no real accent to speak of so best thing is to try it and return it if it doesn’t’ work for you.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:31 AM

Hi Matt and all,

Matt, I don't know what part of Florida you live in, but Fox 13 out of Tampa presented a news story about voice recognition.  It was aimed at car accessories using voice recognition, but they also rated cell phones and Windows, Apple, and Microsoft voice recognition.  The investigators concluded that the android systems recognize commands far better than other systems.  So, if you're frustrated with Siri or Curtana, there's a better answer out there. for voice recognition.  Sorry, but I don't think the Amazon voice system was mentioned.

Mike

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:54 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Amazon echo

Hi, will post a link to a podcast that I found very interesting. It is on the above subject.

Now have a question or two for those that might have this product. He talks about the remote but don’t say anything about it really. So just wondering what functions it does and is it accessible at all? My next question is just how well does it recognize people voices? I have this old southern voice and lots of voice activated devices don’t work well with it. But this sounds like it does a fairly good job. Any input is appreciated.

http://media.blubrry.com/assistivetech/www.mysticaccesspodcast.com/audio/mp97echotektalk1026.mp3

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.