Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] converting doc files into txt or rtf format

Word Starter was a cut down version of Word that came shipped on various new PCs.  From memory it should be able to convert the files.

WordPad itself should also be able to open doc files, although it can't save them, so it would have to save them as RTF.  Note also that whatever method you use, it's possible you may lose information or at least formatting, if the original document contained features from Word which aren't supported in RTF / WordPad.

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 7:13 AM, joanne <grandma1323@...> wrote:
I don't have Microsoft Word on my windows 7 computer and I have some DOC files. One tried to open in Adobe, and then sometimes there is a word thing like a word starter that pops up. Is there a converter, since I use word pad and note pad, that will convert these doc files?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess