Re: an article on internet security thought on this please?

Blaster

It's just a matter of preference, as Jeremy describes in his post, I
changed the dns server on the router so any device accessing the
internet uses the same dns server.

I didn't see it mentioned on the website, but you'll need to flush the
dns cache on your pc after making the switch.
Normally, Your pc will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS
info, this is done in order to speed up subsequent requests to the
same hostname.
If you switch your dns server without flushing the cached dns info on
your pc it could result in some websites being unreachable.

To do this just open a run command line and type: cmd to open the
command prompt, then type: ipconfig /flushdns

That's it,
Blaster

Kim Komando has instructions in the article of how to tell your computer to
use a different DNS. She says nothing about having to change the location
the router uses. I don't have the technical information to evaluate the
discrepancy but why not try following the instructions and see if they work?