Pressing enter here should take you to a list of the different networking adapters that are currently installed on your computer. Locate the one you wish to change the settings for and press the applications key and select properties from the context menu. When you enter the properties section for the adapter, you are taken to a list of different things that can be configured for that network connection, which you can see by moving up and down through the list. Use your down arrow until you get to: Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and press tab twice until you see properties. Once you open up the properties for this, you should then see the radio button that lets you select whether or not you obtain things like your IP Address, DNS Addresses etc automatically or if you want to set them manually instead. There's a lot of pretty neat stuff here, so don't be afraid to explore and take a look but just be careful changing things unless you feel like going back in there to fix it when your network connection/internet takes a wee poopoo. :)
Hope this is enough to get ya up and going.
Take care.

On 11/28/2017 7:01 PM, Dennis L wrote:

Please write up something better if you have the time.  I have windows7 I only say that as I don’t know if it would differ if you had win10.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] an article on internet security thought on this please?

I am speaking more so of having the DNS entries sent out as part of the configurations from my router's DHCP server, as it takes care of setting which ever DNS I'd want to use for the devices that might be more difficult to access, something like the Chromecast or Apple TV, but you can manually set them too. I don't have the exact instructions on how to navigate through that silly Network and Sharing Center, but it's in the same set of preferences where you'd configure your computer to get an IP Address through DHCP or you can set a static one. I always have to poke around in the sharing center thing to find the option, but it's under adapter options where you can then press applications on the network adapter you wish to change the properties for and then select TCP/IP, version 4. Lol, these are probably the worse directions in the world, but it should get you in the right direction at least. :)
I'll write up something better, if you need more help with it though.
Take care.

On 11/28/2017 3:33 PM, Dennis L wrote:

How would I configure it I’m on windows7.