Re: office 2016 with jaws 2018

Maureen Pranghofer <maureensmusic@...>

Hi
I had horrible problems with this exact problem and have to use Excel for work but after Freedom Scientific put in the new Jaws 18 (not 2018) that problem has disappeared completely.

From: Michael Boyd
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] office 2016 with jaws 2018

There is a known issue wherein Excel cannot be read by a screen reader, Jaws included I have experienced this issue myself. Jaws or Narrator will read the document when first opened after booting up, but stops after an intermittent length of time. A reboot is required to get Jaws to read Excel again, but it may only be for a couple of minutes before the problem arises once more. Microsoft does know about this issue, but apparently not the lower levels of support. I had to keep pushing the issue until I finally was put in touch with a support agent in Redmond Washington who knew of the problem. Microsoft does not seem to understand what causes this issue to happen to some people and not to others, in fact, they don’t seem to know too much about the issue at all and are not doing anything quickly to remedy the problem. Many mor people do not experience this issue than do, so do not be afraid to install office onto your computer. This only affects Excel, which you may or may not use a lot. You may not experience it at all.

Michael