From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 4:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is there a blind accessible chessboard?

I have a chess set that I bought from one of these accessibility sites many moons ago. It's the wooden kind with one color of squares raised (I think it's the black). The black pieces have a little nail on the top of each piece to differentiate them from the white ones and each piece has a small wooden peg on the bottom that is inserted into a hole found in the middle of each square.
I found that the pieces fit way too loosely and were easily knocked over during play. In my case, I had an uncle who is handy and he refitted the pegs on the pieces to fit more snuggly into the holes. Now they're more secure and you have to try to knock one over before it does.

Like I said, I bought a while back (maybe twenty years now), so who knows what they go for now. I think I paid around $30 back in the day.