Re: Is there a blind accessible chessboard?

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

They have gone up in price by about $5 since then. Peter, I apologize I missed that you asked for an electronic set.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 4:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is there a blind accessible chessboard?

I have a chess set that I bought from one of these accessibility sites many moons ago. It's the wooden kind with one color of squares raised (I think it's the black). The black pieces have a little nail on the top of each piece to differentiate them from the white ones and each piece has a small wooden peg on the bottom that is inserted into a hole found in the middle of each square.
I found that the pieces fit way too loosely and were easily knocked over during play. In my case, I had an uncle who is handy and he refitted the pegs on the pieces to fit more snuggly into the holes. Now they're more secure and you have to try to knock one over before it does.

Like I said, I bought a while back (maybe twenty years now), so who knows what they go for now. I think I paid around $30 back in the day.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Boyd
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is there a blind accessible chessboard?

Hello Peter,

Try the following link, they have a couple of chess sets, one that I am sure is made of plastic and another wooden set available. Hope you find one that you like.

http://www.braillebookstore.com/Board-Games

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Spitz
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 11:58 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Is there a blind accessible chessboard?

As the subject states, I'm loking for an accessible electronic chess board. If anyone has some experience with one, please let me know.

Thanks,

Peter

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.