Replacing the Micro SD Card on a Victor Reader

Joe Orozco

Hello,

Out of nowhere, my second generation Victor Reader Stream decided to
stop powering on, or rather, it’ll get as far as “Welcome to
Victor...” before shutting down. A factory reset did not work, and
tech support said it would need to be sent in to have its micro SD
card replaced.

Does anyone have any idea how much this will cost? The tech support
guy was vague, only said it would be the least expensive of repairs,
but if the unit arrives and I refuse to pay for the fix, they’ll
charge me $95 as a maintenance fee.

Alternatively, does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed
independently?

The unit is a few months shy of five years old. It’s understandably
old, and while I am willing to pay for repairs, I would rather not pay
near original price. At that point I may as well replace it or get
something else.

And, please, no pointing out how I could just use my iPhone. I very
much prefer using a second device on account of longer battery and
tactile buttons. Yes, I’m a weird millennial.

Thanks for any help! And if you know of anyone selling their VRS,
please let me know this as well!

Joe