From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017 6:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Replacing the Micro SD Card on a Victor Reader

Hello,

Out of nowhere, my second generation Victor Reader Stream decided to stop powering on, or rather, it’ll get as far as “Welcome to Victor...” before shutting down. A factory reset did not work, and tech support said it would need to be sent in to have its micro SD card replaced.

Does anyone have any idea how much this will cost? The tech support guy was vague, only said it would be the least expensive of repairs, but if the unit arrives and I refuse to pay for the fix, they’ll charge me $95 as a maintenance fee.

Alternatively, does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed independently?

The unit is a few months shy of five years old. It’s understandably old, and while I am willing to pay for repairs, I would rather not pay near original price. At that point I may as well replace it or get something else.

And, please, no pointing out how I could just use my iPhone. I very much prefer using a second device on account of longer battery and tactile buttons. Yes, I’m a weird millennial.

Thanks for any help! And if you know of anyone selling their VRS, please let me know this as well!

Joe