Amazon Echo or Google HomeWhich will access YouTube?

Audrey Joy

Hi Everyone,

As I wrote last week, I bought my friend an Amazon Echo Dot.

My cousin set it up for him using my IPhone because he owns neither a computer nor smartphone, or other kind of tablet.

He really wants to listen to YouTube videos of Indian music and movies; is there a way for Alexa to access that?

Or, should I return this to Best Buy and buy him a Google Home device.

Please advise.

Note: I only check this email address on the weekends; my regular email address is
audjoy@ajlmusic.org

Thanks, and have a happy holiday season.

Audrey

----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, November 27, 2017 2:18 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a standalone kindle reader that blind folks can use?

Hi Mary,
I am a Kurzweil user, and remember your name from the former group. This kindle thing is for a dr. friend of mine who has recently become blind. I am teaching him how to use jaws with his computer, but I think he would be really interested in the fire tablet. What more do you know about it? You can write me off list at jazzpiano@ca.rr. Com. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 10:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] is there a standalone kindle reader that blind folks can use?

Hi Jim,
Yes, you can certainly use the Kindle on a PC with either Jaws or NVDA. The support has gotten much better in the last couple of months. And yes, you can also use some of the Kindle e-reader's. Those are the devices that are made just for reading books. Otherwise, the cheapest alternative is to purchase a Kindle fire tablet. That lets you re-kindle books and also do other things. And right now, those tablets are on a good deal of Amazon. The cheapest one is the fire seven and I think it's $30 right now. The HD eight is $50, and the HD 10 is $100 for the les expensive device. Aside from size, the major difference that would concern us would be the fact that both theeight and the 10 have two speakers, and they sound better than the seven. Also the 10 has a newer processor and more storage space, although all of them come with a card slot. I don't have personal experience using the E readers, but I know that some of them can be used.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@ca.rr.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I don't have a kindle reader now, but I am thinking about getting one. Is there a standalone kindle reader that I can get that I wouldn't have to use my computer with it? If not that, how does one use the kindle with a P"C? Jim
_disanceaounddancea_

Groups.io Links:
You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#60801) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+unsubscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webggeasend an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service
Unsubscribe From This Group

_disanceaounddancea_

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.