Re: Amazon Echo or Google HomeWhich will access YouTube?

My email <kbhogal1@...>

Hi there

I’ll add my 2 penney to this and say that the Echo Show will play video since that is why it has been released.

Any of the other variations will not since they are audio playback devices.

HTH

Regards.

Kulvinder Bhogal
Skypename: bobba2006

On 4 Dec 2017, at 06:29, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

The Echo can't just go to any site you tell it to.  It can't work with Youtube, according to this article.

The Google Home can work with it, evidently, but the article doesn't say if you have to pay anything to have it do so.  Does Google let you use Youtube for free or does it want you to use its paid service?

You can't assume what these devices will do.  They aren't general browsers.

From: Michael Boyd  <mike122061@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, December 4, 2017 12:32 am