From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Replacing the Micro SD Card on a Victor Reader

That's because when you hear 8GB you actually end up with less due to computer math as opposed to people math. Just like if you purchase a 64GB memory card you end up with about 59GB of usable memory. And some of the 8GB remaining memory on the Stream is used up by the Victor Stream system files and such. Just like if you purchase a 64GB memory card you end up with about 59GB of usable memory.

Laz

On 12/5/17, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
Oh, thanks.

I wonder why my reader says that it has 595 gb, yet it comes with 8. I
have tried to transfer everything I could to my SD card.

Another thing. How does one know the life of an SD card?

Best from,

Carolyn