Re: [Tec Talk] currency reader

Ann Marie Medlar <amedlar1@...>

Hi,

Below is link to get free US money id.  Open link and there is a link download application.

https://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrencyreaderpgm.html

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Marie Medlar
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] [Tec Talk] currency reader

Thanks I installed MoneyReader on IPhone6.  I used to have INote but no longer supported with new I O S.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:28 AM

Hi everyone:

I have the currency reader from the treasury department. It’s pretty good. But since I got my iPhone, I have started using a free app called MoneyReader. It’s great! It reads currency instantly!

I like the idea of different shaped coins representing different denominations of money. Unfortunately, that will never happen.

Victor

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 9, 2017, at 10:10 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I have an I Bill  currency reader and it works fine.  I've been using it for 3 years now.  Until the government comes to its sense and ditches paper money and replaces it with different shaped coins, (see my previous message) I'll keep using it or until it breaks.

On 12/9/2017 11:09 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz wrote:

I’ve ordered a currency reader in the U.S. through the NLS Library.  The advantage is that they can attest to your blindness and you don’t need a medical signature.  It is said to come from the Treasury Department in six weeks.  I’d be interested in hearing from people who use one.  If it’s slow, tedious or inaccurate I’ll continue to fold my bills and trust vendors.  If at all possible, I use my credit card rather than currency knowing that I can be screwed here as well.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:29 PM

I'm not sure why   the Canadian government, came up, with this idea, I think it's not very intelligent.

The dots get warn out so easily on bills because money can be squished or many other things.

So I think the different sizes of a bill would have made life even better.

Some people don't have the ability to feel the dots because of medical reasons.

The American's behave complaints from sight end people trying to get the exact reading of a bill.

The colors issue is huge to.

So why Canada choose this method is very puzzling.

people who developed the cell on Canadian currency should have asked the blind what this  method would look lie after money is exchanged millions of times.

I've had problems feeling the dots, but a different of bill sizes, would have been great.But again people make designs for the blind without consulting every one.

Can you really feel the dots after the bill has been used as much as a bus?

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...

$$$$

$$$$

Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a
reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rod Hutton
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] currency reader

Hi Jeff,

Here in Canada, all the bills are the same size, in fact, the same size as U.S. bills.

The difference is that all our bills have full braille cells on each bill, and the number of cells, their position and number, allow us to know the denomination.

A five has one cell, a ten has two, a twenty has three, and a fifty has four.

A one hundred has two cells, but with the two in the middle, as on the fifty, missing.

A pretty simple, yet brilliant, system, for its ease of use, especially after the bills get worn a bit.

Best,

Rod

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: December 5, 2017 12:38 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] currency reader

I know that the I phone has an app to read currency.  I was told that the NFB or some other such organization sued the federal gov because our currency is inaccessible.  Unlike other countries all of the bills are the same size.  I’m told that the gov has issued a free money reader.  Does anyone know where I can obtain one?

Thanks,

Jeff

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.