Re: antivirus and firewall solution

Smiling?

Try VIPRE Advanced. It’s accessibility is different (what isn’t though) but still possible definitely.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:03 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] antivirus and firewall solution

Dear all,

It’s the time of the year, or shall I put it. three long years my security solution with Eset.

I think I should review the current status of what I am using now. I am not sure whats out there which its accessible, comes with firewall, IPS and best of all these, I can read, customize the settings as I need.

Eset security  suite version 8 was good for what is doing for that period of time. I would like to see whats out there in last two years, what I can do  or approach after January 2018.

If you all can suggest anything I can try, I will love to trial them. paid is not an issue as I don’t think security suite with firewall, ips and firewall customization are…. Free.

Microsoft security essential is not an choice, since it does not comes with any sort of firewall. Window firewall itself is good for what it does but  it does not comes with any signature IPS.

In worst cases, I don’t mind sticking with Eset, renew it for the next few years. I just don’t feel with version 8, it can handle the thread out there beside its updated signature. I don’t wish Eset to tell me one fine day, no more updates to this old version.

cheers

regards
Thomas N. Chan