Re: email programs for use in windows 10

Gene

There is the version of Outlook Express that runs in Windows 10 that used to be free in older versions but the person who made it compatible with Windows 10 now requires donations to get later versions.  Since a required donation isn't a don'ation but a fee, later versions are no longer free.

the other version you are trying is called something like Outlook Express Classic.  It isn't Outlook Express.  It is a program designed to imitate the Outlook Express interface and isn't fully accessible.  that program won't have the disappearing problem that Outlook Express does during Windows 10 major updates.  Windows 10 recognizes Outlook Express as a program not intended to be on the machine and removes it.  The Outlook Express Classic program, not being Outlook Express, is undisturbed by the updating procedure.

From: Loy
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] email programs for use in windows 10

There is another version of Outlook Express that will run in Windows 10, it is free but some features don't work. Then there is the Classic Outlook Express version which is not very accessible. The run as XP version is a paid version that gives you product keys to install. That is the version I am running and I haven't run it long enough to see if major updates will effect it, the monthly updates, so far has not effected it.  that is the reason I was asking the version he was running.