You'll note that when you start using it, specifically the configurations of the firewall, that there is a default setting that uses the rules that are currently in place and another that basically learns and makes new rules as you use different' applications and services. The application suggests using this second mode to start out with, so basically start creating a ruleset for the applications and whatever that you're currently using and ten when you're satisfied with things, changing it over to the first one to use those rules. I only mention this because, you'll be getting a fair number of popups in the top right corner of your screen when vipre wishes to know whether you want to allow/deny something. At least with NVDA, the screenreader doesn't automatically focus on any specific button in this popup, but it does somewhat focus on the window thing that shows up. To jump focus to the first button in the window, I normally press tab and then I can move around with object navigation to see what is being asked of me. These are also the same types of window/popup things that show up when a malicious file is detected, but obviously the buttons are different. Also be aware that these windows only last for a certain amount of time, so especially with the firewall ones, I try to read the information in them pretty quickly. :)
Anyways, hope that helps.
Take care.

On 12/11/2017 3:27 AM, Smiling? wrote:

Try VIPRE Advanced. It’s accessibility is different (what isn’t though) but still possible definitely.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:03 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] antivirus and firewall solution

Dear all,

It’s the time of the year, or shall I put it. three long years my security solution with Eset.

I think I should review the current status of what I am using now. I am not sure whats out there which its accessible, comes with firewall, IPS and best of all these, I can read, customize the settings as I need.

Eset security  suite version 8 was good for what is doing for that period of time. I would like to see whats out there in last two years, what I can do  or approach after January 2018.

If you all can suggest anything I can try, I will love to trial them. paid is not an issue as I don’t think security suite with firewall, ips and firewall customization are…. Free.

Microsoft security essential is not an choice, since it does not comes with any sort of firewall. Window firewall itself is good for what it does but  it does not comes with any signature IPS.

In worst cases, I don’t mind sticking with Eset, renew it for the next few years. I just don’t feel with version 8, it can handle the thread out there beside its updated signature. I don’t wish Eset to tell me one fine day, no more updates to this old version.

cheers

regards
Thomas N. Chan