Re: Cassette Recorders

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Now that beats the hell out of my circa 1976 Sansui and JVc components! L!

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Cassette Recorders

I am a devoted audiophile.  My friend, who has passed, was the manager of a company called Krell.  They make amazing equipment sold around the world often to people who add an acoustically designed  room to their house to fully appreciate the experience.  He gave me equipment which I could not afford. For example, a power amplifier which takes two men to carry retailed for fifteen thousand dollars.  My system has been biamped, i.e. one amp for each speaker.  They now make a subwoofer which weighs six hundred pounds.  The sound is amazing.  I have not switched back to vinyl as he is no longer there to assure that the equipment falls off the truck in my driveway.

Jeff

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:31 PM

Yes, I agree with you on that.  And I feel the same way about turntables, too.  I wouldn’t get one of those USB things, because I don’t know how good it is.  And I’m fussy about turntables and records and sound.  Pam.

Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:07 PM

personally, if you are going to get a pc involved, I would use a decent quality tape deck and feed it in to the line-in on your soundcard.

Simon

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:56 AM

I forget the name of it. But I got a USB tape player off of amazon for $20. I used it with audacity audio editor which is free and accessible to digitize all of my old tapes. Audacity can even take the old 4-track tapes and with some editing on your part you can turn each track of the 4 track cassette into its own mp3 file. I had to do this with the 2xl robot tapes that came with the 2xl robot toy.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 22:03
Subject: [TechTalk] Cassette Recorders

Hi All,

I have a friend that has been collecting old time radio shows since

1974. He wants to digitize all of his tapes. We went online to look at

cassette players that would allow tapes to be converted to MP3. Has

anyone used any of these players? If so, can you recommend one that is

accessible? I don't want to have him order one only to find that it is

not.

Thanks

Allen

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.