Re: Cassette Recorders

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Now that beats the hell out of my circa 1976 Sansui and JVc components! L!

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Cassette Recorders

I am a devoted audiophile.  My friend, who has passed, was the manager of a company called Krell.  They make amazing equipment sold around the world often to people who add an acoustically designed  room to their house to fully appreciate the experience.  He gave me equipment which I could not afford. For example, a power amplifier which takes two men to carry retailed for fifteen thousand dollars.  My system has been biamped, i.e. one amp for each speaker.  They now make a subwoofer which weighs six hundred pounds.  The sound is amazing.  I have not switched back to vinyl as he is no longer there to assure that the equipment falls off the truck in my driveway.

Jeff