Re: iphone automatically switching to speaker

Vicky Collins

I've been having the same problems with my 6S phone running iOS 11.2. The issue with the call not connecting for five seconds, or at least my caller not answering me until then, I've just kind of gotten used to it and try to remember to wait. As for the call switching to speaker phone after the call has been in progress for 30 seconds or so, moving the phone away from my ear, then hitting the home button and then putting the phone back to my ear, seems to take care of things for the rest of that call.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Blaster" <blaster.nil8@...
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 15:26:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] iphone automatically switching to speaker

Here's a thought. When you send or receive calls you can tap the
speakerphone button to force the speakerphone to be used no matter how
your holding the phone, right? So if you enable the call routing
function in settings, then tap the speakerphone button when you make
or receive calls, it should force the headphone option to stay on
regardless of how your holding it, right?

You could try this by doing the following,
Open the Settings app on the iPhone and head to General, then go
to Accessibility
Look under the Interaction settings for Call Audio Routing and tap on it
Change the setting from Automatic (the default) to Speaker to make
speakerphone the default for all calls made to and from the iPhone

It's not a fix, just a work around if it works.

HTH,
Blaster

On 12/14/17, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 7 still using IOS 10.33. I
kind of hold the phone against my ear at a slight angle instead of flush
against my face because otherwise whatever is on the other end, either a
person or an automated system is too loud, and it doesn't happen all of the
time so maybe it's due to the way I angle the phone but it does happen.

Troy

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Barb O'Connor <broconnor1972@...
wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, I am having the same issue with iPhone 6
in the latest update. Im not moving it away from my face either. It just
switches to speaker. Very annoying. Ive tried shutting the phone down and
rebooting it again but it has made no difference.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2017, at 10:32 AM, enes sar캇ba힊 <enes.saribas@...
wrote:

hi all,

Ok this is getting retarded. The iphone I have, 6, automatically switches
to speaker during voice calls, unles I press it tightly to my ear. If I
move it even a single millimeter it switches to speaker. Is there any way
around this? Can I disable this functionality? Also, there is a 5 second
pause when answering, until the call connects. I am running ios 11.2.1,
and suspect this is due to it.