Re: PC Sometimes Won't Shut DownCompletely

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I agree, Carlos.  The alt f accelerator does not always work.  I don’t like pressing the power button and will spend lots of time and effort not to do so.  Sometimes, however, it’s the only option.

George

From: Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] PC Sometimes Won't Shut DownCompletely

It is not that there are programs running after Windows shuts down.  The point is that when a process/application hangs in memory and will not close, Windows is not able to complete the shutdown procedure.  Windows may successfully close down most applications including your screen reader, but a single application which will not close can halt the shutdown process.  Even Alt F will not always work in such cases.