Re: Annoying notification in Outlook Solution

Jeff Christiansen

Jeffrey

I offered this solution a couple weeks ago so I do not know if you have tried this. The VFO verbosity solution you described would not prevent new mail from being read via the win ten notifications.

The following steps will, permit outlook to play the chime for incoming mail but stop each new message from being read by JAWS on receipt. If you desire not to hear the chime acknowledging new mail, the fetch times would need to be reset to what you desire in outlook. What Gene is suggesting.

First, press windows key and release, type notifications. Before you are able to finish typing notifications, you will hear, notifications and action center. Press enter.

At this point in the dialog you will need to tab several times. My machine and programs are different so I cannot offer tab three times or eight. If you need to move backwards just use, shift tab.

You want to use the tab key until you hear outlook 2013 button, in my case I have 2016. If you were to tab once more you should hear, outlook 2013 button on, press your space bar to uncheck.

You can use Alt F4 to close as there is no save button here.

You will now only hear a chime on incoming mail, JAWS will no longer read the email message.

   HTH