From: Pablo Morales [mailto:pablocmd2014@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:37 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] PC Sometimes Won't Shut DownCompletely

Hi Gene,
Yes, I think that the problem could be other thing, because on the
screen just appears a dialog saying shutting down, is not buttons, or
any thing to click. Jaws is not working in this point, and it is
something that some times happen, my wife is who has seen this issues.
I have no idea what could be the problem, but it just happen 2 times,
the bad part of the story is that I have only around 1 week with this
dell venue 11 pro tablet.

Did you see the previous messages in the thread about one command that will
force a shutdown in some cases? this thread raises the question of how to
know that a computer has shut down in the first place. If the four hours of
unnecessary running had occurred on battery power it could be a real
problem. In a computer with a cd drive, it's easy enough to check to see if
a computer has shut down but what about the computers that don't have one
and are also very quiet such as a laptop may be or a tablet?

Gene