Re: Antivirus

Nimer Jaber

Howdy,

My recommendation of a free product would be Avast. For a paid product, my recommendation is Eset Smart Security. The paid product has many features, and it's the one I choose to use. It is fast, light, and accessible enough using NVDA and mouse emulation commands. I don't trust Microsoft's product to protect me. Many lab tests have rated it to be inferior to other options. Other tools that I use on varying occasions include Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes, ADW Cleaner, Junkware Removal tool, Hitman Pro, and while it's not a security tool, I also use CCleaner to remove crap and Revo Uninstaller to uninstall apps. WinPatrol is another wonderful tool in my toolkit, as I find it does better than User Account Control. I use Firefox or Chrome for browsing, I disable all flash, I am behind a router firewall as well as the firewall that comes with Eset's suite, I don't open e-mails unless I know who sent them, and I don't open attachments unless I'm expecting them. these steps that I have taken make me about as secure as I'm going to be, and has made it so that I haven't had to deal with any infections or intrusions.

On 10/29/2015 14:30, Taylor Arndt wrote:
I would do this but I am A programmer in these tasks require admin rights sometimes

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, personally use MSE myself along with mile ware bites and good surfing
and good security habits and not running myself as Admin on my computer. I
run myself as a standard user and then have a Adman account setup that I
hardly ever log into. HTH

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:42 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Antivirus

I am running windows seven

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2015, at 5:39 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this on windows or Mac and what OS are you running on it?

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:49 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Antivirus

Hi
I am in need of a good anti virus software Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.