Using Jaws, Tip To Stop Avast From Installing With CCleaner Update or Install

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

First this is for Jaws users, & I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

When you're installing or updating CCleaner, after pressing enter on the Run button of the executable, here's where you need to be real careful!
1. After the installer staarts you want to  tab, & you should come to a screen that says, Add security to your CCleaner installation.  This is the screen that has the Avast checkbox checked, & it needs to be unchecked.
No matter what, don't press enter / spacebar on any button until you get this Avast option unchecked.
Depending on your computer settings & other variables you might hear more of this message like:
CCleaner recommends Avast Free Antivirus
Yes, I want to install Avast Free Antivirus By installing this application, you agree to Avast End User License Agreement and Privacy Policy
2. This screen doesn't stay there very long, so if you don't hear Jaws report a checkbox as being checked at the above mentioned screen, press the letter, X, & you should go to the, Yes, checkbox, which is checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck this box & now you can continue tabbing to the Install or Customize button to continue updating or installing.

It's possible you won't, get the, Add security to your CCleaner installation, screen, & if you don't spacebar the, Customize, button, & tab to see if you find it in this screen.  If you don't find it at all, cancel / close the installer.  Try running the installer again, & look for the screen again.  I've had various experiences attempting to install / updating CCleaner on our 4 computers, & have run into all the situations mentioned, but eventually I did find, & uncheck that Avast install checkbox.